Windows 7 offers you location specific Aero themes based on the language and location you pick during installation. Here we will take a look at accessing other hidden themes from different countries.
When you first start the Windows 7 installation the first thing you will do is select a language, time and currency format. This is where Windows determines what themes you’re presented with by default.
- To access the other international themes copy and paste the following path into the search box and hit Enter.
- In the MCT folder you will find additional themes for Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Great Britain.
- You can go in and grab just the Wallpapers…
- Or go into the Theme folder double click on the the thumbnail to add it.
- Here you can see I added all of them and now they will be available under the My Themes section for when you want to change them around.
This is a neat little trick that will let you customize Windows 7 with hidden themes already available.